CHALK PAINT *
MADE by PAINT
* Safe for you and the environment!
Our Paint Concept
We set out to create a furniture and home decor paint that was friendly both to the environment and to people. Our handcrafted non-toxic water based chalk and clay furniture paint delivers on our promise.
Traditional paints contain toxic Volatile Organic Chemicals, or VOCs that are released into the environment for years after paint is applied to a surface. This so-called outgassing create health concerns for people with chronic respiratory ailments, pregnant women, or anyone worried about painting around children.
It was for these reasons that we embarked on creating a paint that would inspire you to create your own special furniture and home decor pieces safely, with the knowledge that the people you care for are protected.
HOW TO USE
Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean and free of peeling paint, mould, dust, dirt, and grease. Sanding, priming, removing old paint, varnish or wax is generally not necessary, as the paint will stick to most surfaces. Occasionally, certain furniture surfaces may bleed stain through the paint. Test your piece first, and if so, undercoat the surface with a good quality primer before painting.
Stir well with a broad flat stirrer. Pour the paint out into a smaller container and reseal the tin. If a washed look is desired, thin the paint with water. If a thicker paint is needed, leave the lid off overnight. The paint will thicken over time with exposure to air. Thin from time to time with a small quantity of water to maintain it’s original consistency.
Use a good quality bristle brush or mohair roller. The paint is touch dry within 30 minutes and can be re-coated after 2 hours. Apply sufficient coats to achieve the required coverage and texture. Sanding between coats is an option where necessary to remove any unwanted material. Allow to dry thoroughly before applying a finishing sealer such as an eco-friendly non-toxic wax. After use, wash all brushes and tools in water.
Keep out of reach of children. Swallowed – drink plenty of water. Eyes – flush eyes with running water. In both cases, seek medical advice.